Re: [Evolution] Built-in spam filtering?

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 20:36, Brett Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 16:46, Jim Frost wrote:
On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 18:13, guenther wrote:
If you don't control the server, get your own. ;)

I do have my own for personal use.  Cannot have my own for corporate
use, don't have the choice.

What, is there a corporate policy preventing you from running your own
(local) email server?  How would they even know?

I could do that if I were so inclined, but I'd have to suck mail out of
their server first on a polling basis ... and I wouldn't get their
backup support if I did this, nor the web mail support.  I would prefer
to keep it on their server rather than maintaining yet another server
myself in any case (though if they go to Exchange I may do this just out
of self preservation).  I really do have better things to do than set up
chains of software, which was also why I'd rather have filtering in the
client than setting up like three or four other software packages just
to do filtering for me.

What pop3 server?  Everything I use is imap, which is one reason that
it's hard to use a lot of the existing bayesian tools.

Eh?  What does the protocol have to do with which tools you use?

All of the statistical filtering tools need source data, and every one
I've looked at wants that data local.  That works fine if I'm running
the filters on the same machine as the server, otherwise it's a pain.
But not a pain if it's in the client, which can already download and
process mail.

The only part of this setup that's less than trivially easy is the
procmail setup, so I'll explain that here:

Thanks, this could be useful.

jim