Re: [Evolution] Evolution Mangles Attachments?

I'm afraid I don't know what that means... but it probably indicates
that something's screwed up in your GNOME MIME type handler, and that's
probably related to the problem with your attachments.

It appears that gnomecc, for me, is modifying these files:
~/.gnome/mime-info/user.keys
~/.gnome/mime-info/user.mime

You might want to check to see if these files exist and that you have
write access to them... though I don't know what I'd suggest in either
case.

FYI, I think there are also global settings in /usr/share/mime-info but
they are owned by root and not editable.

I am using RedHat 7.1, Ximian GNOME 1.4.1 so these paths may be
different for you.

One thing you may want to try, with caution, is logging in as root and
running gnomecc... assuming you have root access to your machine.

good luck
Eric