Re: [Evolution] Evo memory use

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 16:36, Not Zed wrote:
On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 04:14, Cliff Wells wrote:
I removed all the vfolders except for "Unmatched" and memory usage has
indeed dropped considerably.  According to gnome-system-monitor,
evolution-mail is now only using 47.7MB ("only" being relative here ;).
Still, this is a vast improvement over the 80 and 90MB I was reaching
before.

Wow.  Just how many messages do you have in all your mailboxes?

Disregarding a few folders with less than 10 messages each:

Anjuta
    Announce        15
    Devel          627
    List           286
Boa Constructor    266
Brian Ford          31
CrimeWatch          98
CSV                454
Dave                20
Earthlink           35
Evolution         3711
Inbox              275
Josh               161
Kevin Altis         43
Logiplex
    Bill            15
    Chris           24
    Ft Ritchie      30
    Larry           13
    EUCOM           16
    UofU            12
Meetup              17
PIL                302
PORPIG             114
PostgreSQL
    Admin         2632
    General       1568
    Interfaces     837
    SQL           3265
PsycoPG            915
Python           49237
Python Announce    538
PythonCard         640
Python-Dev        2826
RedHat
    Devel          272
    Install       4917
    List          7671
SpamL             3824
wxPython          6339
wxWindows        11662
Ximian            2573
                ------
                106281

A lot of these messages are from mailing lists and it would be nice to
be able to archive them in some sort of offline store, so they could be
searched but wouldn't take up resources when they aren't being used.
Also, several of the lists I subscribe to I only use on occasion.  Maybe
just an option to mark a folder as "Inactive"?  That way mails could
still be filtered into them but they wouldn't be indexed or use memory
until they are marked as "Active".

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)