Re: [Evolution] Evo memory use

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 04:14, Cliff Wells wrote:
On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 23:32, Not Zed wrote:
vfolders are also relatively greedy.

Maybe I should get rid of the "Unread mail" vfolder?  Would that be
recommended?

If you aren't using it, you could give it a go.  It would be interesting
to know if it made any noticable difference - probably only at startup
though.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this.  Some bad DDR was
causing me grief (I was only getting around 320MB out of my 512MB and my
CMOS was getting wiped on a regular basis, not to mention the
interesting FS corruption that followed).  Anyway, I plain forgot to
follow up (my own bad memory).

I removed all the vfolders except for "Unmatched" and memory usage has
indeed dropped considerably.  According to gnome-system-monitor,
evolution-mail is now only using 47.7MB ("only" being relative here ;).
Still, this is a vast improvement over the 80 and 90MB I was reaching
before.

Wow.  Just how many messages do you have in all your mailboxes?