Re: [Evolution] Evo memory use

If the server can sort the mail for you (or thread -- that's just a
special case of sorting), then it means you don't have to have headers
of all the mail in the folder before you can display anything. You can
dramatically reduce network load, and improve responsiveness

Well, you still need to download all of the headers that you're going to
*display*. Meaning it's still O(n) on the size of your mailbox, just
with a different constant.

That seems very useful to me.

Server-side _search_ even more so, of course.

We already do that for body searches. (We don't do it for header
searches since it would be silly since we have all of the header
information cached locally.)

-- Dan