RE: [Evolution] "Alarms for past events" bug still present in 1.2.2

Hi Ronald,

 sorry for the delay,

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Kuetemeier [mailto:ronald kuetemeier com]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 6:29 PM
To: Jarosław Nozderko
Cc: Evolution
Subject: RE: [Evolution] "Alarms for past events" bug still present in
1.2.2

Can you check if evolution-alarm-notify has the ~ "same" time stamp as
evolution-mail on your system? Just as an indicator they come from the
same compile.

This is probably a lame question, but what is an easy way to
check timestamp in elf executable ?

.

Somebody mentioned on the list that they ended up with
different (2)
versions installed, did you check for that?

Do you shut down and restart your system every night, or let
it run with
the alarm process still up, again closing evolution will
not stop it.

Yes, I shut it down every night.
To bad, for me, there is a special function which runs at
midnight. Even
it looks ok and works for me, but your system doesn't seem to
use it. Or
do you close down after midnight.

Well, sometimes I shut it down before, sometimes after midnight.

[...]
How can I obtain patched version ?
I will send you one. Problem is I thought I could use mine with the
debug code still in it, but I have a special version, which can send
reminders via email. Maybe not a good idea to mix your problem with a
none standard installation.  I will create a clean one next
week, do you
want a binary or can you compile your own, i.e. recompile evolution?

I've never compiled Evo from sources, probably binaries would
be easier to maintain ?

Regards,
Jarek

Jaroslaw Nozderko