Re: [Evolution] No spellcheck for 1.2.1 under RH8?

CheckInstall is the best tool I found if you don't have spec files for
the packages, but it has some problems.  The logic behind CheckInstall
is that ALL modified files are included in the RPM package.  Even
unwanted files in /var for example.  Another problem I had with it was
that I had to re-enter all the package details on every build.

If there are spec files included in the package or available elsewhere,
you should use them instead.  If not it might even be better to build
your own spec files.  The first time is hard, but it teaches you the
basics of RPMs.

I don't mean to diss this tool, but I used it a few times before
stepping away from it.  Still, it's better than a simple 'make install'
as root.

Just my 2 cents,

Etienne