RE: [Evolution] "Alarms for past events" bug still present in 1.2.2

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 01:05, Jarosław Nozderko wrote:
Hi Ronald,

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Kuetemeier [mailto:ronald kuetemeier com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 7:07 PM
To: Jarosław Nozderko
Cc: Ettore Perazzoli; Evolution
Subject: RE: [Evolution] "Alarms for past events" bug still present in
1.2.2

Since I stumbled over and fixed the new window alarm
problem. Maybe I can help to reproduce it.
Some questions,
Did you do a killev before you upgraded? Closing evolution

Frankly speaking, I don't remember, but I think it's
possible that I did not. Obviously, I closed Evo.

will not stop
the alarm process, and can be a problem while updating. I
don't know how
red-carpet, if used, will handle it but it should generate an error.

There was no error from Red Carpet, upgrade was smooth
Can you check if evolution-alarm-notify has the ~ "same" time stamp as
evolution-mail on your system? Just as an indicator they come from the
same compile.

.

Somebody mentioned on the list that they ended up with different (2)
versions installed, did you check for that?

Do you shut down and restart your system every night, or let
it run with
the alarm process still up, again closing evolution will not stop it.

Yes, I shut it down every night.
To bad, for me, there is a special function which runs at midnight. Even
it looks ok and works for me, but your system doesn't seem to use it. Or
do you close down after midnight.

How many calendar windows are you using when the problem occurs?

I use single Evo instance and I set one test alarm.

Ok seems it not the problem I stumbled on to.

Is the system bios time set correctly, or do you or some process
sync/change the time after start up.

I don't think so.. I think system time is OK, but I will take a look.

It's a long shot anyway, just in case there is problem.

Can you run a patched, for debug information, of
evolution-alarm-notify?
If possible 1.2.1, sorry I need the spell checking
capabilities of 1.2.1
and therefore will not use 1.2.2. But my guess is for debugging it
wouldn't matter, since we just want to see why the alarm triggers
(again).

How can I obtain patched version ?
I will send you one. Problem is I thought I could use mine with the
debug code still in it, but I have a special version, which can send
reminders via email. Maybe not a good idea to mix your problem with a
none standard installation.  I will create a clean one next week, do you
want a binary or can you compile your own, i.e. recompile evolution?

Ronald

Ronald

Regards,
Jarek