Re: [Evolution] autoimporting public keys?

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 02:17, Alex Malinovich wrote:
On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 19:04, Bill Hartwell wrote:
On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 17:48, Not Zed wrote:
Hmm, have you tried adding

keyserver pgp.net

to ~/.gnupg/options?

Been there, done that.

It works with Kmail, but not with Evolution. When I get a signature from
someone whose key I don't have in my keyring, if I get it in Kmail, in
the inline format Kmail understands, then gpg will automatically search
for the key when it attempts to verify the signature. If I get it in
Evolution, I have to manually request the key with
gpg --recv-keys <key ID>

I had never even thought to mess with this until I ran across this
thread. I just opened up my .gnupg/options and added the following:

keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net
keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

Ah-ha! That's the option I was missing. I didn't have the
"auto-key-retrieve" line in my options file.

and everything works fine. As a matter of fact, I just checked your
signature on this message using that setup. I'll send you an encrypted
message directly to make sure I've got the right key.

Looks good so far. I added the keyserver-options line, tested it on a
message I didn't have a key for before, and it worked as advertised.

Where DID you find that extra option? I couldn't find it in my gpg
manual. I figure if I missed that one, I may have missed some others,
too.

--
All private email sent with PGP encryption. Email for key.
Homepage: http://www.macmanusnet.net/