Re: [Evolution] Evo memory use

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 18:44, William Pietri wrote:
On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 23:30, Not Zed wrote:

Note that when Evolution is separated from the IMAP server by a slow WAN
link, the mere fact that it thinks it's necessary to fetch the headers
for _every_ message even in the mailbox(es) you currently have open is a
bug far more severe than the memory usage.

Hmm, i'm not sure what you mean here.  It only fetches the headers that
are new.  Or if the server is changing the UIDVALIDITY field, in which
case we must refetch all headers (as per rfc2060).

Now that y'all mention it, it seems that Evolution 1.2.2 occasionally
takes an inordinately long time (circa 10 seconds) when I try to view
new messages that have arrived in large (500-5000 messages) IMAP
folders, and I don't think I saw this before. When I've noticed this,
local CPU and network traffic were minimal, and the server CPU was
pegged.

Is this a known problem? And if not, is there a good way to turn on IMAP
debugging? If not, I will re-learn the magic for decrypting IMAPS
streams and see if I can figure out what is happening.

In a terminal, you just do

CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution-mail

then run evolution.

Most network io will be dumped to the terminal.