Re: [Evolution] Evo memory use

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 09:00, Cliff Wells wrote:
On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 08:31, guenther wrote:

Cliff, how long was Evo running before checking for memory usage? Maybe
a nasty memory leak?

Okay, I just exited Evo, ran killev just to be certain, and restarted.
Memory usage is now 48.7MB.  It started at around 16MB (?) and steadily
grew while Evo displayed "updating vfolders" in the status bar.

Interestingly, I started Evo when I first came to work this morning,
downloaded my email and memory usage was over 60MB (!!!).

As I typed this, memory usage has climbed to 49.3MB.  I clicked
"Send/Receive", downloaded 9 messages and usage is now 50.9MB.  Hm.  It
does sound a bit like a memory leak.

A quick follow-up:  I went through and started selecting folders and
running "mark all as read" from the Edit menu.  Memory usage increased
every time I did this on a folder with unread messages (it's now at
96.7MB).  Clearly some function/method that is being called from this
has a memory leak.  Just selecting a folder did not cause memory to
increase.  Selecting folders and running "mark all as read" on folders
without unread messages did not cause memory use to increase.

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)