Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.3 questions

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 18:17, Chris Toshok wrote:
3 - What version of libpisock is needed to compile with conduits
enabled? (No, I'm not going to try syncing with Evolution 1.3.  I'm just
curious.)

You'll need cvs HEAD for the gnome-pilot for this.  The direct pisock
dependency in evolution has been removed - we use whatever gnome-pilot
was built against, and just pick it up from the pkg-config output.

Ah.  I just noticed that.  Doesn't matter as Mandrake Cooker doesn't
have gnome-pilot 2.0 yet, and probably won't until after Mandrake 9.1 is
released, and I don't feel like building more things from CVS.

Currently the gnome-pilot stuff depends on ... 0.11.4.  The conduits are
"working" about as much as the rest of 1.3 is working.  I synced my
calendar/todo list to my visor a week or so ago, during the gnome-pilot2
work.

My guess is that I would have to build a LOT of things from CVS since I
get all the shortcuts renamed to their type, a lock-up when trying to
access the addressbook, a failure opening the tasks (although the view
shows up), and a crash trying to open the calendar (which is really odd
since reminders work - so it's probably something connecting the shell
to the other components).

Oh well, I guess that's what makes alpha software so much fun. ;-)

Thanks.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger