Re: [Evolution] Default Browser

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 23:43 +0200, guenther wrote:
oh, I don't know, you got me :-) I just looked at gconf-editor to look
for the keys, and since I found out the applications section, which
contains all the entries displayed in the 'Preferred applications'
control center applet, I thought that were the correct keys.

But please, if you're sure of what you said, discard my mail.

Well, I am sure to the point, as this exactly is the value set by
gnome-default-applications-properties -- and it previously worked for
others without Gnome CC installed.

Unfortunately I really don't know, what the values suggested by you are
really for -- thus I am not sure entirely. ;-)

Dang, I hoped I finally will know what those Preferred Applications
values are for.

I really thought they were used for this, and in fact I think they've
always worked for me, although I see that also the url_handlers/unknown
was set to galeon for me, which is my default browser. So something set
both keys.

but really, my answer was sent before I read all the mails in the
thread, so if Guenther's solution works, then forget mine.

cheers