[Evolution] Do instructions exist for building from source?

After lurking on the list for a few days and reading several archives...
I sent my basic question to a list member, gunther; who was not amused
that I e-mailed him directly...

So I will send my lame question to the list, as he suggested...
Sorry for polluting the list with such a basic question.
I was trying to avoid this :)

#

Basically I am interested in building evolution from sources.

I downloaded the CVS sources for evolution however I could not find any
instructions on what to do what that. Looks like some autoconf type
things need to be done before the package is ready for a "./configure"

Is there a package in the form of evo.tar.gz which is distributed and
ready to build?

I keenly understand that Red Carpet is NOT what I want.

Thanks for some elementary pointers ...

-J