Re: [Evolution] Do instructions exist for building from source?

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 12:32, John F. Koenig wrote:
After lurking on the list for a few days and reading several archives...
I sent my basic question to a list member, gunther; who was not amused
that I e-mailed him directly...

That's understandable.

So I will send my lame question to the list, as he suggested...
Sorry for polluting the list with such a basic question.
I was trying to avoid this :)

Basically I am interested in building evolution from sources.

I downloaded the CVS sources for evolution however I could not find any
instructions on what to do what that. Looks like some autoconf type
things need to be done before the package is ready for a "./configure"

Typically you start with "sh", then do the standard

Is there a package in the form of evo.tar.gz which is distributed and
ready to build?

Have you considered what may seem obvious in retrospect:

or try