Re: [Evolution] Do instructions exist for building from source?

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 12:32, John F. Koenig wrote:
After lurking on the list for a few days and reading several archives...
I sent my basic question to a list member, gunther; who was not amused
that I e-mailed him directly...

That's understandable.

So I will send my lame question to the list, as he suggested...
Sorry for polluting the list with such a basic question.
I was trying to avoid this :)

#

Basically I am interested in building evolution from sources.

I downloaded the CVS sources for evolution however I could not find any
instructions on what to do what that. Looks like some autoconf type
things need to be done before the package is ready for a "./configure"

Typically you start with "sh autogen.sh", then do the standard
./configure.

Is there a package in the form of evo.tar.gz which is distributed and
ready to build?

Have you considered what may seem obvious in retrospect:
ftp.ximian.com?

ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/source/evolution/

or try ftp.gnome.org.
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/evolution/

Dan