Re: [Evolution] question on trash vfolders

1) I'm not able to explain this clearly.  =:)

Yep, I have to confess that is really hard to explain...

2) I have 2 vfolders called Trash in my evolution tree hierarchy--one
under evolution's default "Local Folders" node and the second under my
Maildir tree.

OK, if I understand both you and Eric right, you are talking about
different things here. Maybe I am wrong though...

To me, you just explained you have 2 Trash folders. That is correct and
intended. To explain that:

A Trash _vFolder_ exists for every account. That is, as your 'Maildir'
account is on the same hierarchical level in the tree as the 'Local
Folders', they both have an Trash vFolder. Every Trash vFolder only
displays the deleted mails of its own account.

Those Thrash vFolders have a 'trash can' icon. Contrary to the 'Trash'
_folders_ created by other mail clients -- they have the normal
'envelope and pencil' icons.

3) when I delete mail, it shows up in the Trash vfolder showing up
underneath my local Maildir tree, not in the Trash vfolder that is part
of evolution's default "Local Folders" branch on the tree.

You don't use the Local Folders for mail, do you? It's right then, as
that Trash vFolder belongs to your 'Maildir' account and not the one
under the 'Local Folders'...

4) when I do Actions | Empty Trash, the Trash vfolder underneath my
local Maildir tree does not get emptied.

That's strange, as long at it has the 'trash can' Icon and thus is a
vFolder. If not, it is no vFolder but a folder and therefore won't get
emptied.

To me, this seems like broken behavior, since I would expect "Empty
Trash" to iterate through ALL trash vfolders and expunge deleted
messages from each.

"That's strange" from my last paragraph gets "that's a bug" then... ;-)

Thanks for your reply, guenther!  btw, I can't tell from your e-mail
account if you're a helpful user or a ximian developer.  Just curious.
=:)

Just a helpful user... :-)

...guenther