Re: [Evolution] Change the Date format

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 00:14, Eric Lambart wrote:
Well the file that's causing the problem should be
/usr/lib/locale/sv_SE.utf8/LC_TIME (or possibly "sv_SE.UTF-8/LC_TIME")
but without recompiling your glibc I'm not sure what you can do.

I don't think this is an Evolution issue, though hmmmm.... I may be
mistaken!  I just discovered another file which may be the issue here:
/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/evolution.mo.
Well, in RH 8 the UTF-8 thing was rotten for at least some european
languages using non-english characters. I changed my locales to iso-8859-1
in RH 8, the RH 9 installation program changed it back to the UTF-8 system
when I upgraded. My swedish keyboard layout is for example not working
properly, some characters ($]}) are simply missing. So in my case this
could be a RedHat issue?

Maybe that's the file at fault, in which case you'd want to talk to the
person(s) responsible for Evolution's Swedish translation.  It appears
there is no equivalent file for the en_US--probably since Ximian is
based in the US--and so Evolution is taking my settings from LC_TIME.
When I login using english the Shortcut Bar keeps the swedish
translation while the rest is in english! Logging in in swedish
everything (except the date & time format) is in swedish.

If this is the case, I wonder why Evolution is messing with the system
default time formats anyway.  It seems to me it SHOULD use your system's
default LC_TIME format, so perhaps this could be considered a bug in
Evolution.
Would be interesting to know if the ghost is Evolution or RedHat born?

I'm sorry but I've reached the end of my knowledge here and can only
make poor guesses.  Maybe someone else (from Ximian?) will have some
insight.
I'm going to give the RH list a shot too.
Thank's for trying...:-)

Cheers,
Helgi Örn