Re: [Evolution] Change the Date format

Well the file that's causing the problem should be
/usr/lib/locale/sv_SE.utf8/LC_TIME (or possibly "sv_SE.UTF-8/LC_TIME")
but without recompiling your glibc I'm not sure what you can do.

I don't think this is an Evolution issue, though hmmmm.... I may be
mistaken!  I just discovered another file which may be the issue here:
/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/evolution.mo.

Maybe that's the file at fault, in which case you'd want to talk to the
person(s) responsible for Evolution's Swedish translation.  It appears
there is no equivalent file for the en_US--probably since Ximian is
based in the US--and so Evolution is taking my settings from LC_TIME.

If this is the case, I wonder why Evolution is messing with the system
default time formats anyway.  It seems to me it SHOULD use your system's
default LC_TIME format, so perhaps this could be considered a bug in
Evolution.

I'm sorry but I've reached the end of my knowledge here and can only
make poor guesses.  Maybe someone else (from Ximian?) will have some
insight.

Good luck, Helgi.

Eric

P.S. Incidentally I "fixed" my 12-hr clock by hacking the LC_TIME from
en_GB, which uses a 24hr clock.  IIRC I just had to make the fairly
trivial change in the date format string, from DD-MM-YYYY to MM-DD-YYYY
like we use in the US.  The format strings can be found from "man
strftime" and I think they are used in the evolution.mo file too.