Re: [Evolution] SMTP AUTH and Evo

man, 2002-09-02 kl. 14:56 skrev Adam Williams:

I am the sys-admin.  So people should be able to access mailboxes
without authenticating to the mail server?

Know what? I love people who teach me things, even put me in the wrong.
That's how you learn, sometimes, not too often, by provoking. So thanks,
Adam.

<rant>
Now, since you're sysadmin for White Mice dot Org (I've got 6 outdoor
cats of my own), go configure your DNS correctly, so that the MX records
don't point to IP numbers any more, just FQDNs, as prescribed.

Then I can send you mail directly, instead of using this mouthpiece. Or
I reconfigure Exim to disregard ill-configured DNS servers, which I
refuse.

</rant>

Quite seriously, I live and learn.

Best,

T'en

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:         tonni billy demon nl
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key: http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:       (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:         (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981