Re: [Evolution] SMTP AUTH and Evo

On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 06:59, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
Hallo people,

Quiestion from a Unix sysadmin (Exim 4 smtp).

I have Evo 1.0.8 for a private setup with Exim 4. I use RH rpms and
don't want to compile endless Evo CVS updates - I've better things to
do.

As Exim mail/sysadmin I'd like Evo to do EHLO, STARTTLS, AUTH (PLAIN,
CRAM_MD5, SPA).

O.k., 1.0.8 doesn't do STARTTLS (Mozilla 1.1 *does*), but that's in the
pipeline, I can wait.

It does AUTH PLAIN as well, because I use that.

Does it also support other AUTH types, like CRAM_MD5, SPA (Exim) or some
of those and  GSSAPI, DIGEST-MD5, LOGIN (Sendmail)?

Currently we support the following SASL mechanisms:

CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, KERBEROS_V4, LOGIN, PLAIN, and SPA (aka NTLM)

We've also got code for ANONYMOUS, but it's not hooked up to anything
iirc, mostly because it works slightly different from the rest.

At some point we also plan on adding GSSAPI (but so far no one seems to
have requested it?).

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast