Re: [Evolution] Problem with reply and other stuff

Fre 2002-10-18 klockan 01.29 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:
On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 19:01, John Angelmo wrote:
Fre 2002-10-18 klockan 00.51 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:
On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 18:18, John Angelmo wrote:
Fre 2002-10-18 klockan 00.18 skrev Jeffrey Stedfast:
On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 17:54, John Angelmo wrote:
Hello

For some strange reason all my replys seems to start on top of the
message and not on the bottom (as the standard is) how can I fix that?

eh?

Standard is to put your reply below the quoted text, mozilla fixes this
without any problem

but you don't reply at the bottom, you comment within the quoted message
normally. If you are just replying to let them know "ok, sounds great"
no need to reply at the bottom and make the guy/gal scroll to the bottom
of the message to read it. That's pretty annoying, instead you'd want
that comment at the top of the message.

You reply below the text since it's easier to follow a thread, simple
standard stuff. Yes it's sometimes easier to do that if there are
several questions

If there aren't several questions that you need to address, then you
reply at the TOP. Why make the other user scroll all the way to the
bottom of the message to read your reply?

I'm sorry to say, but this is not a bug and will therefor remain the way
it is currently. Also, seeing as how no one else has complained  -
changing the behaviour would cause confusion and possibly anger a much
larger user base.

If you feel so strongly about only replying at the bottom, then just
scroll to the bottom or hit the "End" key which will do it for you.

Why not simply have an option in the config like mozilla has?

Or I can just find the RFC describing it ;)

Just cause it isn't a bug dosn't mean that it can't be change, see it as
a small feature request.

/John