Re: [Evolution] Account with mailinglist

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 22:30, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
my messages seem to even have it.

least one other does, and in exim it is configurable in the transport
definition), at delivery time.   It is basically an exact analog of
Return-Path but for the recipient address rather than the sender.

The reliability of Envelope-To: depends on your mail system configs -
for example I rewrite all addresses when they hit our edge mail system,
and the system they are delivered onto sees them all as
nigel+something internal-mailsystem (where something is derived from the
original recipient address) - and this is what is in the Envelope-To:
header added on final delivery.  Obviously if you do nasty things to
your mail like this then Envelope-To: is not directly usable ...

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]