Re: [Evolution] Spell checking broke after evolution 1.2 upgrade

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 23:27, John Weber wrote:
Hi,

Well here I am replying to my own post. It seems the other people
posting spell checking problems with evo 1.2 have resolved their
problems or have different problems.

Has anyone with RH7.1 with complete Ximian desktop upgraded to evolution
1.2 and has spell checking working OK? If so, I'd like to compare
package info and whatever to try and track down my problem.

When I try to run aspell from the command line...

        [jweber ceora jweber]$ aspell --help
        aspell: error while loading shared libraries: libltdl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

Does anyone have libltdl.so.3 on their RH7.1 system? If so, what RPM
package does it belong to? I have /usr/lib/libltdl.so.0.1.2 which
belongs to libtool-libs-1.3.5-8.

Thanks,

John

OK, I've looked into this, and I suspect that you somehow got an aspell
package that was intended for a distribution other than Red Hat 7.1.
What's in your /etc/redhat-release file? Did this aspell package get
installed with rpm -Uvh --nodeps? The solution may be to remove aspell*
and reinstall the aspell packages built for Red Hat 7.1.

--
Mark Gordon <mtgordon ximian com>