Re: [Evolution] Signatures vs accented characters (follow-up)

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 16:58, Xavier Bestel wrote:
Le jeu 14/11/2002 à 16:32, Philippe Chartier a écrit :
Example :
... croient être un "dysfonctionnement" de notre système : elles
reçoivent le Bulletin après avoir tenté de se désabonner ou
reçoivent le Bulletin en double. La source du problème est
invariablement la même :...

It's very weird.

[..]

Here it's wrong in both cases.

Same here. Actually it seems that french users like me have a hard time
getting the accents right. I still have problems in Evolution and
Openoffice, and cut'n'paste sometimes produces suprising results with
various ways the accents can be coded, and accents in some file names in
Samba shares make reading the file impossible. Not that it keeps me from
working, but I have been trying to solve this for a long time and always
fail. Of course, this is off-topic here, but it probably shows that this
may be a problem that is not specific to Evolution but a broader system
configuration problem.