Re: [Evolution] multiple namespaces?

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 19:41, Not Zed wrote:

Could you open a bug about this on bugzilla.ximian.com?  And attach a
log of the output of CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 on evolution-mail.

I can do that!

Also maybe how the config was changed in cyrus, hmm, not that i've got
cyrus installed.

My imapd.conf file for cyrus looks like this:

configdirectory:        /var/imap
partition-default:      /var/spool/imap
admins:                 cyrus
allowplaintext:         yes
sasl_mech_list:         PLAIN
servername:             server.domain.com
srvtab:                 /var/imap/srvtab
allowanonymouslogin:    no
sasl_passwd_check:      sasldb
altnamespace:           yes
sendmail:               /usr/sbin/sendmail
postuser:               bb

The line of importance is altnamespace.  Before this change, Evo 1.1.99
would look like...

[-] INBOX
   |- Folder1
   |- Folder2
   |- Folder3

... and I could only subscribe in my INBOX namespace.  Now, I get
everything on the same level as the Inbox...

INBOX
Folder1
Folder2
Folder3

... and I can subscribe to ANY folder I have permissions to view!! (in
1.0.8... 1.1.99 doesn't let me subscribe even though it shows them)  For
example, if user John has a Folder called INBOX.ximian.Evolution and
sets the acl to permit me to read it, my folder list changes to...

INBOX
Folder1
Folder2
Folder3
[-] Other Users
   [-] John
      |- Evolution

... after I subscribe to it.  This seems to fix the multiple namespace
problem if you are willing to use cyrus imap.