Re: [Evolution] Having to manually fire filters

On Mon, 2002-05-27 at 07:48, Not Zed wrote:
Actually I should clarify it a little, as it can only happen in the
following cases:

 - using 'spool' or 'spooldir' providers with 'filter inbox' enabled.
This shows up as "Standard Unix mbox spools" and "Directory tree of mbox
files" as the server type.  Although i'm not sure you can even filter
inbox in this situation.
 - using 'imap' providers with 'filter inbox' enabled, "IMAP"
 - using 'maildir' or 'pop' providers or 'mbox', this shoudln't happen,
"Maildir-format directories", and "POP" and "Local Delivery".

Note, if you're using 'Standard Unix mbox spools', and just want to have
all your mail moved to evolution's inbox anyway, you should be using
"Local delivery".  The naming is confusing we know, we'd like to fix
that if anyone has better ideas.

I solved this tonight after some intense work. I believe very strongly
that the mysterious moving of emails was due to my own error.
Evolution's name be cleared :)

I consolidated the criteria for the windowmaker stuff (I had 4 rules
just trying to force user list stuff into the user list area) into one
filter. Then I did this for a few other ones, and for my 'spam killer'
filters too (I have tons of either/or criteria in there for catching
Korean/asian spam, which is 90% of the spam I get now). I almost am down
to one filter for each major task now.

Once this was done I started getting ALL wm-user emails in the right
place, and other things went to the right place as well. Bug solved. I
think. There had to be conflicting rules in there that I missed until I
deleted them during consolidation.

The jaw dropping part is Evolution LETS me make big filters like that...
:-[      ] You guys and gals will rock the market with this - so when is
Evolution Professional coming out?? :)

Anyways, as for that "some messages did not get received" error, I am
watching for the exact text again and will give it to you via private
email (a screenshot, perhaps). It did happen while I had a mail settings
config window open.

One small question.. can you assign priority to filters? You know, like
they do in Forte Agent (the newsreader)? I wouldn't consider it
CRITICAL, in fact just a minor request really. But it might be sweeet to
have.

-- Steve