Re: FEATURE: Smart Folders? [WAS: Re: [Evolution] FEATURE: Mailing List Folders?]

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 21:10, Jim Meyer wrote:

NNTP is not a format, it's a protocol. It is completely independent of
the format of the message storage.

True. I didn't know is if there was some underlying storage format which
was closely bound to the protocol. I suppose further thought should have
led me to conclude that anything is possible in software.

In fact, INN gives you a choice of several storage formats that trade
off speed against storage space, but I don't recall any resembling mbox.
It's probably organized, though, to allow you to provide your own
storage driver.

OTOH, it probably makes more sense to code up a light-weight server just
for this purpose.