Re: FEATURE: Smart Folders? [WAS: Re: [Evolution] FEATURE: Mailing List Folders?]

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 21:44, Jim Meyer wrote:
Howdy!

Realize that I still like the very short term solution of imitating
Galeon's Smart Bookmarks feature at a folder level; for discussion let's
call the feature Smart Folders.

If you search a Smart Folder, it behaves normally. If you click the
"Smart Search" button as well, two things happen:
  * your search is done on the local folder
  * an open-URI message is passed to the Gnome default browser
    with the Smart Folder URI; this opens a browser page with
    the results of your search executed on the web-based archive

I doubt this will ever be implemented in Evolution unless some third
party implements it such as yourself.

Now to the long-term: