Re: FEATURE: Smart Folders? [WAS: Re: [Evolution] FEATURE: Mailing List Folders?]

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 18:44, Jim Meyer wrote:

I'm willing to agree, but I have a question: mailing list archives are
usually in mbox format; is NNTP able to deal with that, or will there
have to be some conversion or shift?

The majority of lists I'm on are mailman-based. You could create an
add-on for mailman that exposes its archives with an NNTP server. This
would look like a read-only newsgroup to a news-capable email client
(which appears to be a future direction of Evo).

Note that you don't need posting capabilities, just the ability to list
and extract messages from the archive, and execute server-side searches.
There may already be a package Out There that does this. If it's in
Python, you'll make the mailman guys happy. ;-)