Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Scripting in evolution
- From: Andy Cedilnik <andy cedilnik kitware com>
- To: Brian <brianb sboss com>
- Cc: evolution ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Scripting in evolution
- Date: 09 May 2002 14:48:08 -0400
Well, several reasons. The main one is to be able to add features that
Evolution does not have.
Some of the features:
1. Better filters
2. Auto respond
3. Intelligent signatures
4. Spam removal using spam assassin or similar program and
virus scan of incoming mails
5. Better calling of external programs for doing tasks
Also, I would like to have a text based Evolution mailbox compatible
client, so I can ssh to machine and check mail. If there would be
scripting support in Evolution, I could write a text client that would
communicate through hooks in the running Evolution.
On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 14:06, Brian wrote:
Why would you want such a feature?
] [Thread Prev