Re: [Evolution] Evolution mail component keeps dying - but fixed

Hi,

On Fre, 2002-05-03 at 01:48, John Weber wrote:
evolution 1.0.3. Mail component dies every time it tries to
send/receive. Uses all CPU for about 5 seconds and then notifies that
mail component has died. Is this the thing I saw earlier today on the
list about someone posting an attachment that crashes the mail
component? If so, "someone" don't do that!

This happend to me too - since yesterday evening. At first I thought
that its related to my last debian upgrade, but tomorrow I saw the
thread about the message crashing evo. I got it fixed right now. The
problem oviously was this attached crap message in this list by:

Subject: [Evolution] This message crashes Evo (attached)

This message was stuck in the filter mechanism of evo. The movemail.*
file(s) (?) in ~/evolution/local/Inbox/ seem to contain all the newly
received messages which are batched by the evo filter. Evo crashed at
the message mentioned above.

I think I fixed it now after rebuilding my evolution directory bit by
bit and narrowed it down to one of the meta folders in the
~/evolution/local/Inbox directory. I deleted everything in there except
mbox and the problem seems fixed.

Yep, and probably all your new, unfiltered mail is now gone too...(!!)

I fixed it by just deleting the bad message using vi :)

--
greetings   supio ( Marc Noller ) | supio oipus net | http://oipus.net |
"People usually get what's coming to them .. unless it's been mailed." |