Re: [Evolution] Evolution mail component keeps dying - but fixed

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 21:09, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 19:48, John Weber wrote:
I think I fixed it now after rebuilding my evolution directory bit by
bit and narrowed it down to one of the meta folders in the
~/evolution/local/Inbox directory. I deleted everything in there except
mbox and the problem seems fixed.

Hmmm.  And you still have an Inbox in your folder tree?  That shouldn't
happen.  :-)

I guess what you did was just removing the .ibex and .ev-summary files
and keeping the mbox and {folder,local}-metadata.xml files?

No, I removed everything except mbox. On the next evo start up it popped
up a dialog that said some files were missing for this version and
should it create them. I said yes and now it all seems OK.

[jweber ceora Inbox]$ pwd
/home/jweber/evolution/local/Inbox
[jweber ceora Inbox]$ ls
folder-metadata.xml  local-metadata.xml  mbox  mbox.ev-summary  mbox.ibex
[jweber ceora Inbox]$

--
John S. Weber
jweber math cudenver edu