[Evolution] recieve mail process

Hi

I have just had a problem recieving mail from a local spool.

I clicked in the send/recieve button, and about 40% of the way through
importing the system went crazy, chewing up arround 300megs of swap
space and thrashing the hard disk to bits.

I waited for several mins to let things calm down and when it was
obvious they would not I cannned evolution and assumed my mails were
lost forever.

Now every time I start evolution, when it gets round to automatically
checking for mail teh same thing happens (I should point out that at the
moment there is no mail in the locla spool).  It seems to just go on for
ever and ever, but the first few mails it recieved before teh first fit
are imported again which makes me thing there is a copy of the original
mail spool still hanging around where ever evo copies it too, is this
correct and can I reclaim the lost emails and maybe find the one causing
the problem?
--

  R  Brown-Bayliss