[Evolution] How much email can Evolution handle?

I am thinking of migrating my email from Mail.app (from OS X) to Evolution and would like to know how much email Evolution can handle. I have roughly 3.5Gigs of email (local) which I keep. Can Evolution handle this size? Does anyone here have Evolution running with multiple Gigs of email?

The reason I ask is because I've tried to migrate to Netscape mail and it simply barfs when I have alot of email, and hence is useless for me. I'm hoping Evolution will save the day..

-Moazam