Re: [Evolution] How much email can Evolution handle?

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 20:27, Moazam Raja Eng Sun COM wrote:
I am thinking of migrating my email from Mail.app (from OS X) to
Evolution and would like to know how much email Evolution can handle. I
have roughly 3.5Gigs of email (local) which I keep. Can Evolution handle
this size? Does anyone here have Evolution running with multiple Gigs of
email?

The reason I ask is because I've tried to migrate to Netscape mail and
it simply barfs when I have alot of email, and hence is useless for me.
I'm hoping Evolution will save the day..

In 1 big mbox, or a lot of different folders/sub-folders, or MH
format?

(This is one good benefit of MH: your mbox can't get too big.  Of
course, you may have 10,000 files in the directory...)

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron l johnson cox net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |