Re: [Evolution] Feature Request: Bind accounts to folders

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 22:12, Ken Long wrote:

My home address is a pobox.com address
which gives me three aliases, all forwarded to one account, so I like to
split up mail based on which address it was "to" and then be able to send
out mail as the right address based on what folder I'm in when I send it.

Well, you can already do this with Evo: you have to set up more than one
account, of which only one (your primary) will have a POP or similar
definition. So you will have only one incoming account, but the From:
part of your composer will turn into a popup list of three elements
allowing you to choose the address you're sending with.

In fact, the address used will default to the one the message was sent
to, if recognizable (the problem we were discussing comes out when it's
not recognizable, as in mailing lists).

Plus, you can define filters to sort incoming messages into different
folder according to the To:/Cc: field or the message.

With these two steps, I believe you'll have all the functionalities you
need.

let's me easily use one address for personal

Yes, I have the same setup with a number of aliases for different uses.

--
Alessio F. Bragadini            alessio albourne com
APL Financial Services          http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"
                -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925