Re: [Evolution] Feature Request: Bind accounts to folders

On 21-Mar-2002 Alessio Bragadini wrote:
Well, you can already do this with Evo: you have to set up more than one
account, of which only one (your primary) will have a POP or similar
definition. So you will have only one incoming account, but the From:
part of your composer will turn into a popup list of three elements
allowing you to choose the address you're sending with.

Actually, I already have that set up, so I CAN get the drop down list...

In fact, the address used will default to the one the message was sent
to, if recognizable (the problem we were discussing comes out when it's
not recognizable, as in mailing lists).

Well, like someone else pointed out, that doesn't work on mailing lists, for
instance.  Plus, sometimes, I just want to send out a new message (not a
reply) and have it come from the right address for the folder I'm working
in without me having to consciously remember to go up and change it with
the drop down box.  In my current xfmail setup, if I'm in the folder that
defaults to the alternate address and click on "new message", it uses the
correct address by default.

I know, I know - I'm lazy!  But I'm an Engineer, so what do you expect?  O:)

Plus, you can define filters to sort incoming messages into different
folder according to the To:/Cc: field or the message.

Yep.  Already doing that part.  Splitting them is easy.  Just getting that
default From is what I'm after right now.  :)

With these two steps, I believe you'll have all the functionalities you
need.

Well, all I NEED is a working e-mail program that receives and sends mail.
What I WANT is a different matter entirely.  O:)

It's obviously not a super critical item or anything, but I saw that someone
else was talking about it also and I just wanted to add in a "me too" in the
hopes it might get the feature at least put on the "wish list" to maybe be
added some day.

Thanks for the reply!

-Ken