Re: [Evolution] Sorely disenchanted with Evolution (looong)

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 04:24, Frank Gore wrote:

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to ever be able to copy and paste
things out of displayed emails in evolution (what some people call the
"preview pane"). I've tried everything I could think of, but it never
works. Shift-Delete, Ctrl-C, even Edit/Copy from the menu. None of it

have you tried the X way? That is, select the text, and then, press the
middle button of the mouse (or left/right buttons at the same time if
you only have 2 buttons mouse) into the window you want to paste the
text to? This must work, unless you've got a 2 buttons mouse and have
the Enable3Buttons option disabled in your XF86Config file.

Another issue is the fact that I can't get the cc and Reply-to to
auto-fill with default values. I need this for almost every email I send
out. Remembering to do it manually for each and every email is not only
a chore, it's error-prone. I find myself forgetting too often. I've
brought this up before and was told the CVS version had this feature,
but as I mentioned above, I never got the CVS version to compile.

which problems do you get when compiling from CVS? I do it every day, as
many other people do, so maybe if you send the exact error messages,
we'll be able to help you.

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>