Re: [Evolution] Sorely disenchanted with Evolution (looong)

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 00:42, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:

This is an "X" issue, not an Evolution issue.  Ctrl-C in X does NOT copy
it to the X-Windows primary clipboard, only the application's clipboard
- if they have one implemented.  Highlighting text immediately copies it
to the X primary clipboard, but that means that as soon as you highlight
something else, it overwrites the previous.  (This is my only beef with
X-Windows in general.)  So, to copy from Evolution into your browser,
highlight the text you want to copy, then go to the browser and place
your cursor where you want to paste it (remember to NOT highlight any
new text), and then click the middle button (if you have a two-button
mouse, that means click both buttons at once).  That will paste it in.

OH MY GOD! I feel like a complete ass. In all the years (well, 2 years)
of using Linux, I've never ONCE read about this anywhere at all. I
must've read every HOWTO known to man for every issue imagineable, and
this is the first time I learn about this. And it works 100% too! I'll
go hide my head in shame...

Oh wait, I have more to type:

In each version I've ever used (I've gone though all versions by
"riding" CVS), this has worked for accounts that have different folders.
IOW, if you use multiple IMAP accounts, replying to an email in that
account's folders uses the receiving account as the sending account.
This works in CVS even when mixing mail from different accounts in one
Vfolder.

Unfortunately all my email accounts are POP3 accounts. But as Jeff
stated in his response, I could probably get it to work if I could get
the CVS build to compile.

On CVS.  You need to get the CVS HEAD version of evolution, gal,
gtkhtml, and soup.  If you want spell-checking to work, then include the
CVS HEAD version of gnome-spell.

I'll give all that a try and see if it helps. The main problem is that I
have Gnome installed from Slackware packages. And when I try to install
seperately those libraries that aren't included (regardless of what the
prefix is set to), they never seem to get recognized. For example, when
I download the CVS source and try to run autogen.sh, I get the error:

You must have `xml-i18n-toolize' installed to compile evolution.

And no matter how often or where I try to install it, I continue to get
that error. I can't find any Slackware package for that library, even in
the latest release of the distribution. I've installed it from source
countless times, but it still doesn't get recognized.

I'd love nothing more than to get the CVS build compiled to see if I can
finally migrate ALL my work to Evolution, but I can't even take the
first step.

Frank Gore