Re: [Evolution] Message priority - a recap

On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 16:16, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Danw and I agreed that if we were to implement this, we'd probably use
the Importance: header as X- anything headers could have anything in them
(plus they are non-standard, hence the X- prefix). We'd probably also do
whatever needed to be done in order to be compatible with Outlook I
guess.

To be compatible with Outlook, you'll need to use X- header of some
kind, using X-Priority would have a side affect of being compatible with
several other popular clients.... but as I stated, that is your call.

Hummmmm.  Just rechecked and I have to correct myself. Outlook2k DOES
send "Importance:" (using the RFC text values no less). That is the only
other mailer I tested that uses that header.  The only other header that
is common across most mailers is X-Priority.

So, just doing Importance WILL make you compatible with Outlook2k (I did
not test Outlook98, but could fire up VMware and test it if you would
like.

Maybe a feature request for Mozilla/Netscape(6,7) and Kmail to use

I'll have one of my friends that uses AOL send me a high priority
message so I can see the headers for that, if you are interested.