Re: [Evolution] Message priority - a recap

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 00:46, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
Hummmmm.  Just rechecked and I have to correct myself. Outlook2k DOES
send "Importance:" (using the RFC text values no less). That is the only
other mailer I tested that uses that header.  The only other header that
is common across most mailers is X-Priority.

So, just doing Importance WILL make you compatible with Outlook2k (I did
not test Outlook98, but could fire up VMware and test it if you would
like.

Maybe a feature request for Mozilla/Netscape(6,7) and Kmail to use

I'll have one of my friends that uses AOL send me a high priority
message so I can see the headers for that, if you are interested.

A little more information for Evolution developers.

Just received an email from someone with the Microsoft Exchange
V6.0.5762.3 client.  It sets the following headers:

So, using "Importance:" will make you Outlook2k and Exchange compatible.

Had a friend try to send an urgent/priority message from AOL.  He said
he couldn't find a way to mark it high priority.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger