Re: [Evolution] Is there a way to mark a message as *important* when sending??

There seem to be quite a few varieties of communication problems on this
list.  One issue is that you have to remember that this is the
"commercial" variety of open source as Ximian is selling professional
tech support for a product--I'm not saying this is good or bad, just
that expectations have to be further adjusted in terms of how new
features are introduced.  The focus of the developers is going to be
different than a small, open source project with a few core developers.
I don't know how things work at Ximian, but I suspect that they are more
concerned about what support issues will arise from introducing new, and
possibly buggy or non-standard, features that could be difficult to
provide tech support for eg. complaints that marking e-mail urgent is
"broken" when you send e-mail to client X.  There is going to be some
culture of CYA with any commercial product because you can't use the
cop-out of "We told you this was free software so you're SOL until we
get around to fixing that bug."

There also seems to be a lot of loaded communication with an emotionally
charged subtext.  Call it "unprofessional" or "lack of tact" if you
will, it seems to spawn a lot of unproductive communication as people
get offended, attack, or get defensive.  I wish that people would be
more responsible about what they are putting out there.  Some people on
this list are just not tactful and sometimes plain rude--that is their
hang-up, so just grumble to yourself that so-and-so is a whatever and
try not to take it personally. I won't think any less of you because
someone else made an assinine comment that was directed at you, in fact
I will probably think less of the person who sent it.  I apologize for
my own smart-assy, sarcastic remark about people marking e-mail
"important"--it was about my own frustrations and had nothing to do with
this e-mail list at all.