Re: [Evolution] Suddenly mail disappear

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 10:13, Georg Rønning wrote:
[snip]

Good point, as we se accidents happen it should be an option to
continously make a backupfile of mailboxes.

just use a cron job, evolution has no business making backups.

You said that there were around 1300 mails in this inbox.
Try to look for huge files on your harddisk that could match
the possible size of your old inbox..

I have not found any "strange" huge files astray, but I still have the
"enormous" mbox.ibex file of 1,5 Gb. As far as I understand this MUST be
related to the disappeared mailbox ?

somehow I think you are misreading the output of ls, but in any case
that doesn't much matter.

the mbox.ibex files are just an index of words that appear in each
message so that we can do fast "Body Contains" searches.

I have tried most editors but the either hang or display  a mix of
letters and code and make no sense.

yea, mbox.ibex files are binary, not plain text.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.