Re: [Evolution] FRQ: Pipe incoming mail through AntiVirus tools

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 08:15, Matthias Hentges wrote:
[snip]

The best point in having an AV solution for Evolution is "to be
prepared." Viruses *will* apear. Take my word for it.

If this ever becomes a problem we can solve it then. It's a waste of our
time to solve problems that *may* happen we could be solving problems
that ARE happening now.

But i have another point. My mails are stored on an IMAP server. From
time to time i do login with windows (from my old trusty laptop, maybe
twice a year hehe).
It would *really* s*ck if i would infect me with a Virus from some
3-month-old mail which didnt do any harm on linux.

Okay...so how will a Evolution filter solve this problem? It can't. The
mail is on a remote server - if you want this sort of functionality then
what you want is server-side filtering. Not client-side filtering.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.