Re: [Evolution] smtp server settings

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 03:04, Eric Baplue wrote:
On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 13:54, Not Zed wrote:
On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 19:52, Eric Baplue wrote:
Yes, thats correct. I think the new smtp server that I have put in the
"sending mail" isn't written on the place the sending module gets the
smtp setting.

If you edit the account settings, you should get a tab "Receiving mail",
you should at all times be able to change this to a new server, or
anything else.  You're saying that isn't there?

This setting is there, but I put the smtp server in the tab "Sending
Mail". When I change it here and make a new mail evolution still use the
old smtp server.

No, it uses the new account info.

I already told you to remove the X-Evolutionm-Transport headers but you
are not listening to me...

Okay, let me explain how this works:

- when you open a composer, it copies all the CURRENT account settings.
So even if you change the account settings AFTER the composer is already
open, it's too late for that message.

- Once you Send Later a message (ie, it goes to Outbox), the config info
is saved in the message headers (X-Evolution-Account and
X-Evolution-Transport). When evolution goes to send a message in Outbox,
it checks the X-Evolution-Transport header and uses it if it exists. If
not, then it gets the X-Evolution-Account header and searches for that
account's info and uses that.

Conclusion:

If you have queued mail in Outbox, you can change your settings all you
want but it will NEVER affect the messages already in the Outbox.

If you need to change those settings, edit ~/evolution/local/Outbox/mbox
and remove all of the X-Evolution-Transport headers. (note: make sure
evolution is not running when you do this).

Jeff

If you are re-sending an existing message, or sending messages spooled
in the outbox, then old messages wont get any new settings.

I'm using evolution 1.0.8 on redhat 7.2
I have upgraded my evolution but I don't know exactly from what version.
The old account was created in a previous version.

If you can't get anything to work i suggest:

oaf-slay
rm ~/evolution/config.xmldb
evolution

what does oaf-slay mean ???
I have opened the config.xmldb but there I couldn't find any setting
from the mail account. Is there no config file fore these settings?

and reconfigure the account.  You wont lose any filters or vfolders, or
local mail folders, but you will have to reconfigure any remote servers.

BR

Eric,-