Re: [Evolution] Same problem with "Can't find database files"

Actually, I do shut down Evolution before ending the gnome session. As
for the lockup problem, I guess it could be related to the AMD/AGP bug -
I don't recall the lockups under RH 6.2.

If there is anything I can send you to try and get rid of this problem,
please let me know.

DCM

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 11:00, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
    >From a clean boot up (Red Hat 7.2, stock kernel, with Ximian Gnome 1.4,
    evo 1.0.0.99)I log into Gnome, start up Evo and all is well.  As long as
    I don't log out of gnome ( I boot into X using the GDM, init level 5), I
    can shut down Evo, let the screen saver kick in (password protected)
    launch Evo and all is good. Once I log out of gnome and then log back
    in, when I try to launch Evo it fails with a "Cannot find database
    files" error. If I run oaf-slay then all is good until the next logout;
    then it's the same thing all over again.

  I think the problem is that Evolution doesn't restart properly when
run from the session manager after login.  It might be a race condition
in OAF of some kind, but I am not sure.  I actually thought we fixed
that a while ago.

  In that case, the solution would be to quit Evolution before quitting
the GNOME session.

    Now what's worse is that with RH 7.2, running oaf-slay to get evo to
    launch totally locks up the keyboard/mouse one out of 4 times. I know
    linux is still running because the others that access the internet
    though the box can still access the internet.  The only way to get the
    keyboard/mouse back is to hit the power button (ouch!) and then power
    the system back up.

  I don't know about the keyboard-mouse lock.  It might be related to
the death of Nautilus when you do oaf-slay, but that sounds strange.

-- Ettore