Re: [Evolution] unable to delete

the problem is that all email that enters my Inbox, ( and only this one
) and after being read,I am not able to delete.
  What kind of error does it report?
I have several other
mailboxes that evolution sorts and delivers to, there seems to be only
this problem with the Inbox.The only thing that I can think that may
have caused ANY problem was using mutt to view this mailbox (and only
this mailbox).Does mutt rewrite anything that evolution looks at and
maybe causing problems. In addition how can I delete these emails
safetly?.
  If you read the Evolution mailboxes with some other mail reader, the summary and index files don't get updated, so you run the risk of inconsistent bookkeeping that could lead to that.

  Theoretically, Evolution should be able to recover from this, but this has proven to cause problems in the past (so, we probably have a bug there, but we haven't been able to track it down yet).

  I suggest that you try running killev and then removing the .ibex and .ev-summary files corresponding to the folders that fail to delete messages.  Restarting Evolution should re-create these files and put the databases in a consistent state again.
-- Ettore