[Evolution] Using multiple signatures?

Hi,

I'm a new Linux and Evolution user. Sorry if this has been asked before.

I receive a lot of business mail and I have many prepared replies for
the usual cases.

In Outlook (which I'm happy to dump!), I could choose and insert one of
my many different "signatures". But in Evolution, I'm restricted to one
signature per account and I find it difficult to edit it (the cursor is
doing all kind of weird things when I touch the kind of "box" where is
the signature).

For now, I'm inserting .txt files (Ctl-Alt-F) in my emails. But the text
is appearing as "Preformatted" even though it's a Text email. And I must
first select and "convert" the inserted text back to "Normal" if I want
to edit it, because there is no automatic linewrap for the inserted text
and it's a bit tedious...

Maybe I could manage something with the Insert>Models or Templates (I
don't know the English menu options labels since I'm using the French
version). But I don't like HTML mail and would prefer to stick to
vanilla plain text format.

Question : is there a simpler way to use multiple "signatures" in
Evolution? Or is there a way to insert .txt files without having them
automatically formatted to "Preformatted"?

BTW, is there any other way to consult the list archives, except this
page where there is no search function ?

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/users/

Thank you in advance!

Philippe Chartier
chartiep cybersciences com