Re: [Evolution] Evolution for MacOS X

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 13:22, Fernando Pereira wrote:
On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 12:48, Ujwal S. Sathyam wrote:
I track fink pretty closely. Some of the libraries are available, but
only in unstable, and not all.

I had a hack at it, and haven't surrendered as yet, but it's pretty low
on my priority list. Last major flaw I hit was actually in the binutils,
IIRC. "ar" behaves differently under OS X than under any other BSD (it's
a much older version) and it's killing the build process. I put it aside
until I decided if I was going to try to update "ar" or patch the
Makefile.

If anyone's in a hurry for this to happen, you should start looking into
it yourself. I'm only fiddling with it when I have one of my rare
periods of free time, and even then it's just one project among many.

I would be the happiest person on the planet if someone else did it
though. :) If anyone wants the minimal bits of a Fink package I have,
let me know. It's one single patch and a very rough .info file - it
doesn't build very far, but it's better than no start at all, right? :)

Mike.