Re: [Evolution] Evolution for MacOS X

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 08:15, Dan Winship wrote:
On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 03:27, Ujwal S. Sathyam wrote:
Has anyone tried to get Evolution to run on MacOS X? If not, I might
embark on such a journey. Maybe someone has some tips?

I started trying this about a year ago (right after OS X came out). The
big problem is that OS X's libc is years behind current expectations of
"POSIX compliant", and doesn't have things like strtok_r() and
strftime(), so it's pretty painful to get evolution and all of its
dependencies to compile.

Well, that's a show-stopper right off the bat for me. That would be too
painful for me. Too bad. Is there no glibc port to MacOS X?

Fink has packages for gnome that includes bonobo, gal, gtk, etc. I am
surprised all those things compiled if MacOS X's libc is not uo to date.

I am actually surprised by the lack of good mailers on MacOS X (except
for Eudora).

Thanks for the info.

Ujwal